Saturday 4 January 2014

Busy Days for Juniper

Happy New Year One and All

Juniper and I have begun the 365 Days Blythe challenge on Flickr.  I've been following it for a while and it's part of my New Year's Resolution to create/craft every day.   As it's the tail end of the school holidays, we've been out and about a lot.   I've tried to explain the Juniper that this will end and life will become more more routine and home-based - until the building works begin anyway.


On New Year's Day we went to see "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" - a great film.  I loved the story and it was beautifully shot and really well acted and directed by Ben Stiller (no, he hasn't paid me for this unequivocal endorsement!).

The next day I took my youngest to the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green.  After an excellent, fortifying lunch in their cafe, we wandered around.  My youngest came running up to me and said, "Mummy, come here, I've got a surprise for you!!".  He led me excitedly to a display cabinet housing....


...a brunette, chunky-bangs Kenner.  He's not indoctrinated then, LOL!  I hugged him, thanked him, and then....DROOL.  What a beauty.  All sorts of scenarios flashed through my mind, including offering the information officer at the Museum vast sums of money (which I didn't have) to let me take her home that minute, offering to swap Juniper for her - the thought darted across my mind and was gone - reader, I couldn't... could I? Note to self, don't let Juniper read this post. Back to the real world.

The dolls were fascinating.  I can't believe I haven't been to anything like this before - all those doll-free years.

This is a little 1920's Italian doll
whose owner had a matching dress made - apparently the done thing for little girls then.



More dolls - obviously the stitching is exquisite.

Then these caught my eye.....

I love the fabric on this puppet's dress.

Look out for the amazing 18th and 19th Century doll houses in my next post.   



No comments:

Post a Comment